Friday 30 November 2012

Dragonmeet 2012

It’s Dragonmeet 2012 tomorrow, London’s leading roleplaying and boardgame convention. 



After the fiasco of not getting to Crisis 2012 in Antwerp earlier this year, I’m relieved to say that there doesn’t seem to be anything to stop me and my great chum from the Humberside Wargames Club, Mike Brown, getting to the Kensington Town Hall tomorrow where the show is taking place.  No hurricanes, no landslips, no floods (so far  – I’ve just checked), no new work project to keep me chained to a desk, and hopefully no train hijacking on the way to the show tomorrow morning to delay me. 

It’s been a few years since I last made it to Dragonmeet.  My memory is that it’s a cracking show, with a great line up of speakers, participation games and traders.  It’s a chance for me to pick up a few RPGs which I’ve had my eye on for a while.  Officially, I’m excited.

I’ve still been working hard on the Stosstruppen articles I mentioned before (yes, they’re almost finished, although I’m still stuck on a couple of aspects), so making an evolution for the day into a world of roleplaying is going to be a great tonic.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with some old friends on the day, and if you’re going as well, I’ll hopefully catch you there!

And I’ll hopefully also let you all have a full report early next week.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Sidney, I must say that I hadn't heard of this show before. Would the location be where the old Salute show was held?
    Look forward to the report.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed the venue for the old Salute show. Quite a bit smaller than Salute, and Olympia for that matter.

      Delete
  2. I'm missing the show this year unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing your report to see what I missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you couldn't make it Lee. I was thinking it'd be your sort of thing.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good time, have a great trip out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprise! I did not you were "one of those"
    Enjoy the day
    Incidentally, tomorow Sunday I'll play my first RPG game in literally DECADES, with some home-made rules around the Cthulu universe... looking forward to loose my sanity!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed "one of those". Hope you had fun being eaten by Cthulhu!

      Delete
  5. Well you could have come and said hello?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I was watching for ages :) In the afternoon, about 2.30pm - the game with the floundering Ogre and the two guys playing. I wondered if you'd recognised me. Ah well, your game looked great - some cracking painting on the models.

      Delete
    2. You must have been the slim chap with fair hair, glasses and I think grey T-shirt? Next time say hello, as I would love to talk to you about games and painting and stuff.

      Delete
    3. The very same! I was a bit of a wally - I should just have said "hello", but I didn't like to interrupt as you were so busy! OK, next time, I shall definitely interrupt! It did look like a cracking game, though! I loved your painted Ogres!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...